Monday, February 9, 2009

Lost in transition

Who would think that it could ever take 18 hours to get from Tondheim to Edinburgh? I most certainly would not, but that was still the time it took me from my flight left Værnes until I arrived at Edinburgh International Airport--by bus. My flights took me via Amsterdam, where I had a lovely break with an art exhibit in the New Church and dinner at a lovely local café. Departing from Schiphol at 21.15 all seemed well, until we reached Newcastle and it turned out that snow is a shocking thing not only to Londoners but also to Scots. Clearly the stout country fed on porridge and haggis struggle to remove snow from runways, and so the KLM flight landed in Newcastle (where the snow blew away on its own) and sent us to Edinburgh by bus. Oh joy. I crawled into my own bed at 6 am this morning--the wonders sleep can bring...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like too much fun :) But hopefully it's good to be back "home" again...