Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In Beijing

As it turned out, I was i the right street (as everyone insisted)--but it carried on for quite a strech, and the other part, where the hostel is, was the only street that wasn`t signposted... As I finally arrived I was bathed in sweat, feeling like 9-year-old who`d lost her "I travel alone"-kit, and wondering how on earth I could have been looking for a hostel for three hours without finding it! And yes, it was less than 15 minutes away--less than 5, in fact.. I propmpty celebrated my newfound home with a shower and a few hours of sleep, seeng that I had none on the airplane coming here and it was technically 7 am by my watch.

Being rather exhausted, I still managed to join a 7.30 am trip to climb the Great Wal of China. It`s been an absolutely amazing experience, but I`ll rather write something about that after dinner :)

3 comments:

Lu said...

Dearie, I wish you a lovely trip! It all sounds so exciting! I´ll read your posts :) Lubica

Sverre Magnus Elvenes said...

Hei, hei. Så bra du frant frem til slutt. Kjente jeg ble frustrert på dine vegne, men jeg derimot hadde ikke tatt det med et smil... Du skriver veldig bra og jeg gleder meg til fortsettelsen! Ha en fortsatt riktig god tur. Klem fra Sissel (med lånt id...)

Anonymous said...

Ha en fantastisk reise, med mange opplevelser og erfaringer. Glad i deg!