Monday, September 29, 2008

Final stop in China: Kunming

It is China`s national day, which they--according to the Chinese I have asked--do not celebrate in any other way than having a week of holidays. Having holidays means that they travel, though; a great bunch of them to Lijiang, but some also to other places, such as Kunming. The hostel is fully booked here as well, but fortunately I had anticipated this and booked a bed (for the first time on this trip). The over-night bus from Lijiang to Kunming had two levels of beds in it (amazing!), albeit somewhat short. As we arrived at 6 am the night has been a little short, and once I can check in (i.e. once someone checks out) and give the Laos consulate my visa application, I plan on having a well-deserved nap in the city of eternal spring.

No comments: